Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ouch.

So for about 6 months now my shoulder has been bothering me off and on. Recently the pain has been frequent and much more severe. Severe enough that I finally made an appointment to see an Orthopedic doctor.
I assumed that my pain was workout related and that I would have have to go to PT to restrengthen whatever muscle I'd managed to piss off. Well I pissed something off - but it wasn't a muscle. The doctor thinks I have a labral tear in my right shoulder. I would attempt to explain what a "labral" tear is but surely a website explains it better then I do. The Dr. performed different range of motion and strength tests and was amazed by all the "cracking and popping" going on in my shoulder. At one point my shoulder made a loud CRACK and he was like - oh, did you feel that? Dear Crazy, YES I felt that!!!

So at any rate - now I have the super fun task of scheduling an Arthrogram MRI (the kind where they inject die into my shoulder so they can see it better), scheduling another appointment with the Dr. so he can review the results, and possibly scheduling PT appointment and/or surgery. Fun times to be had by all I'm sure. Open leave by my company sure does make this process a little less stressful.

In the mean time I've been cleared for all normal workouts up to my pain tolerance and put on anti inflammatory to reduce swelling.

More updates coming soon...I promise.

No comments: