Amber and I had a BIG night one random Saturday...we made our own laundry detergent! I know, I know - big fun.
Personally, I was so excited for this project. It's just another thing you can 100% make for yourself that comes out MUCH cheaper than buying it. I spent no more than $10 on supplies and I haven't had to go back to the store for more. So that's $10 for laundry detergent since February. Last I looked at my supplies I'm still easily MONTHS away from needed to restock. Crazy!
I used (1) cup of Borax, (1) cup of Washing Soda - both found at your regular grocery store. One bar of Dr. Bronners bar soap and then whatever oils you want just for smell. I tried two different methods for grating the soap and I prefer to manually grate it on a micro-grater. You can definitely microwave the soap and crumble it on your own but I prefer to grate it.
I keep mine in a mason jar in my laundry and use about a tablespoon per normal sized load. More or less as needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment