My SISTER has more blogs this year than me. What? How does that happen?
So as you know (or if you don't, read my blog more often) I participate in a weekly produce co-op. It's awesome and great way to (try) and be more healthy and cook at home. I'm not always turned on by the vegetables we get but I'm trying my best to try new things.
This week I made Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe
The very best part of this is that we got a coconut in our basket this week. Um, awesome!
Step 1: Google what the heck you are supposed to do to open a coconut
Step 2: Consider using the bagged stuff
Step 3: Put your big girl panties on and get the hammer and screw driver out of the tool box.
Step 4: Reconsider using the bagged stuff
Ok, ok, ok….I used the screw driver to "drill" holes and drain the milk out. Then I held the coconut with one hand and whacked it with the hammer. It took about three tries but eventually I got the darn thing opened. Once it was opened I put both sides face down on a baking sheet and tossed them in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. Roasting it helps loosen the flesh from the shell. After it was cooled I got the flesh out and shredded it. Not going to lie, this process took longer then I expected so I lost interest in taking pictures.
Overall: the cookies turned out AWESOME! I used dark chocolate chips and of course fresh coconut. I can't stop eating them, so good. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment