Thursday, December 12, 2013

I'm baaaaaaack

What better way to get back to blogging then to start bragging about my nephew?


Well, let's start with is his birth story from my point of view.  *disclaimer…I'd wager my sister has a MUCH different account of how Brody came to join us in the world.

It all started very early in the morning, I was at the Bangkok airport getting ready to board a flight to Hong Kong on the start of my 30+ hour journey back to Dallas, TX.  I'd been in Bangkok for work (go figure!) and I was SO excited to get back to Dallas so I could go to my friends Tarynn and Dusten's surprise wedding shower.  So, there I am standing in the line when my phone rings and caller ID tells me it's my dad.  Weird.  He knows the time change so that can't be right.  He tells me that Jen has been admitted to Labor and Delivery and they'd be inducing labor giving us about 24 hours before baby would be born.  I'm sorry, WHAT?  It's NOVEMBER and he's due December 31, 2013.

Process.

Freakout.

Re-book flights to IAD and not DFW.

Love love love that I have American Airlines status.  In less than 15 minutes I had a new ticket for all of $50 and all during the biggest travel weekend of the year!  Thank you, American Airlines!!!

I think I was in the lounge when I got the next call from my mom.  "Change of plans, doing a C-section right now." Ok, WHAT?

Process.

Freakout.

Drink Champagne.  Repeat last step as needed.

Brody Wilson Jones was born while I was somewhere between Bangkok and Hong Kong at 6:50pm EST on November 29, 2013 weighing in at 6 pounds, 5 ounces and 18.5" inches.

He's perfect in every.single.way.


^ Holding hands for the *first time* 





It took me another 30+ hours to get all the way to VA but I'm SO glad I was able to get there.  Brody was 5 weeks early and needed some time in the NICU to get the whole breathing and eating thing mastered (normal for premies) and also spent a little time on the tanning bed to get his jaundice under control.  He's all good now and is home with his parents and dog-brother, Dallas.




I just love him.  True Story.

No comments: