Friday, December 13, 2013

P.A.N.K. - part 2

What being a PANK means to me.

Believe it or not I've given this A LOT of thought.  This little event is not so little and very much life changing.  My sister and her husband were made PARENTS.  My parents were made GRANDparents and many siblings re-newed their aunt/uncle memberships or were newly appointed to the club.

I was newly appointed last month, my initiation not at all what I would have pictured.  A NICU baby throws you into a world of chaos; worry, stress, keeping a happy face and more worry.  You'd do anything to make him ok/healthy and even more to make it ok for his parents.   But after all that we ended up with the most precious baby boy EVER.

So here's how I see it all going down:

Right now, I'm there for snuggles and cuddles and smooches (oh my!).  I have almost 3 weeks home at Christmas and I plan to spend exactly every single one of those days loving on this baby.  He really needs to get used to my voice because after January 8th the majority of our time will be on skype/face time.  But that's ok.  I'm happy to at least have that as an option for when I can't be there.

Right now, I plan to be the crazy/obsessed Aunt that ohhhhh's and awwwww's on every single picture put on FB.  I plan to WEAR OUT my "Like" button.  For real, is there a record for most likes?  My goal is to break that.  I plan to instagram (instacute!) as many pictures as I can get my hands on.  With that, I plan to apologize to absolutely NO ONE.  If you don't like it, un-friend me.  Buh-bye.

For right now, I plan to buy him whatever he may need in every color or size I think he might want.  His mom has a semi-veto authority but not really.  If I can get it on the Grandma credit card...even better.

It's going to be a fun "for right now."  The best part is I'm still planning to get ALL my beauty sleep. True Story, being a non-parent ROCKS.

In the long run I plan to be the aunt that attends the birthday parties, milestone school events and sports endeavors.  I plan to cheer loud at each and every one of those events making sure everyone knows that's MY nephew.  I'll donate to each cause and make sure he knows I'm proud of everything he does.

I plan to send him a postcard from each trip I go on so he can start learning about the big world around him.  Eventually I plan to take him with me for some fun travel adventures.

I plan to teach him how to be a gentleman and to treat people with respect and beyond that how to be chivalrous.  Trust me, I have a LOT of experience with unchivalrous men when I travel.  I know what NOT to be.

I will never again not be an Aunt and I'm so grateful that Brody is my nephew.  I can't WAIT to see how this turns out.

No comments: