Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...



Man, I suck. There was a MAJOR break in blogging there for a while.

Before you take me off your reader...let me explain...

I'M MOVING TO TEXAS!

Ok, I can't blame all of my delinquent behavior on that major life change but it's still a pretty big deal.

Here's the recap of the last few months in pictures:


Now, about that moving thing. Basically for a long time now (roughly 23 years) I've wanted to move [back] to Texas. There was never a good time and there was always a compelling reason to stay just a little bit longer (job, money, family, boyfriend etc.) but suddenly I found myself in a position where those things were no longer obstacles. I had a good job, that for the most part I loved, but I was at the end of my career path with them. Sooner or later I'd have to move on anyways. I'm not rich but for the first time in my life I'm not poor either. I've been saving like a champ and had enough in the bank that made me feel "ready." Family - ok, family was never really a barrier to moving but until now I didn't WANT to live more than 6 miles from my parents and siblings. I didn't feel ready. Now I am. I'm not running to get away I just finally feel like I really can make it on my own. Boyfriend - well if you read my last post you know where we stand with that.

Long story short...all the pieces FINALLY fell into place.

The decision to move wasn't made in haste. This was a long, well thought-out decision that I truly believe is the best plan for me. Team Amanda is in full affect - family is helping me move (thanks, mom and dad), family is putting me up for a month (thanks, Dallas Carter's), friends are finding me a house to live in (thanks, Dustin and Mack) and countless others are helping me in so many other ways.

I'm beyond grateful for the friends and family I have in my life. The community I've been a part of for 23 years is what has made it SO hard to leave in the first place. Words probably can't describe all the emotions I'm feeling right now but far from any other emotion I'm feeling at peace. This is the best decision for me and I'm so excited about the brave new world in front of me.

The best new is? YOU finally have a place to stay for Cowboys games. Come on down!!!!

1 comment:

repeat offender said...

OMGEE is that Carrie Bradshaw? :)