It took 23 hours and 22 minutes of actual drive time to go just under 1,300 miles from Reston, VA to Southlake, TX. The trip was mostly uneventful and blissfully spent reading and not driving the 10' truck with car in tow. The Jer took care of all the heavy lifting and tight parking lot maneuvers. He's swell.
It was a pretty crazy weekend of getting settled, learning my way around a new town and getting things all setup in Texas. Basically all of my stuff is in temporary storage while I live with my Aunt and Uncle for a few weeks. My new apartment is available starting Aug. 20th so just as soon as I'm feeling relaxed it will be time to move (again). The good news is this move will be for good (or at least I hope).
New job started on Monday bright and early at 8am. It's small office of only 14 people so basically I met everyone right there in the reception area upon ringing the door bell and announcing my arrival. I always did like to make an entrance. The day was full of get to know you's and welcomes, over all a great first start. I came away with a fancy new mac book (I have NO idea how to work this thing) and the promise of an iphone soon. Please send help...
The thing I was desperate to lay eyes on was my travel schedule. Well, I got it. My first conference is next week in Miami which I already knew about. After that I'm headed to DC (ha!), Buenos Aires, Brazil and Amsterdam. Wholly International travel, Batman! Needless to say I'm SO excited to be stamping the old passport with so many fun new places.
So now, the million $$ question...with a mac book and iphone already secured do I get an ipad to complete the collection or just get a Kindle for reading on on those long flights?
It's a rough life. :-)
2 comments:
nice international travel! need any more planners? :) -maureen
love all your travels!!! let me know if you need a flying buddy ;) and when will you be back in DC?!
Post a Comment