So, after much debate (with just myself) I will not be posting anything about my breakup with Mike. Out of respect for a relationship (even if it was just “hanging out”) that meant something to me it just doesn’t seem classy to blog about my more personal business. That, AND, there really isn’t a juicy story to tell…sorry about your bad luck. Go back to watching the non-cancelled soaps that are still on daytime television.
I do, however, feel the need to share with you what happened on the last and final stop in the Be a Grown-up Tour of 2011.
As you all know, after a breakup there is the inevitable step of getting your stuff back. A little thing I like to call – The Exchanging of the Things. It’s a crucial step. It solidifies the breakup and it permanently cuts ties (if done correctly).
No one looks forward to this, unless your me. He had my straightener. I was desperate to get it back. How did I survive?! So needless to say I was a mix of emotions that Saturday morning when the time had come to finally do the exchanging of the things. I mean, I hadn’t seen my straightener in a long time. Would I remember how to use it? More importantly, would he remember to bring it? Nervous doesn’t even begin to explain how I was feeling that morning.
We agreed to meet early on Saturday morning at my house. I’m telling you this because it was so early…I had to set an alarm. Now, I should probably mention that I no longer use my cell phone alarm and have instead switched back to the radio alarm method.
At 0’dark hundred the radio turns on blasting the lyrics “…knowing you’d be better off instead. If you could only….say what you need to say…”
Are you KIDDING me right now?
Snooze.
Radio comes on again, 7 minutes later with, “I’m not angry, I’m just saying…sometimes goodbye is a second chance…”
Really? Is this a joke?
Snooze.
The last and final song that got me jumping out of bed, “and although there’s pain in my chest I still wish you the best with a….forget you!”
And that, my friends, is all she wrote. C’est la vie!
(oh! And I did get my straightener back along with most of the rest of my stuff.)
1 comment:
Preeettttyyyy sure the song doesn't say "Forget you"... ;)
Post a Comment