Tuesday, September 29, 2009

D & D Tie the Knot!

Ending my 2009 Wedding Season was the wedding of (friend and co-worker) Dana Haskell to Dave Rixter on September 26, 2009. It feels like yesterday that the conference gang was hanging out at Julie's when we got that faithful call that Dave had *finally* asked Dana to marry him. Woohoo! I can even remember being in Atlanta last year when they settled on Celebrations at the Bay as the venue for their big day.

I flew home from Atlanta on Friday night (swollen foot and all) briefly unpacked one suitcase and tossed everything into a smaller suitcase so that Saturday morning all I had to do was get up and go! Things didn't work out quit as planned since my big toe/foot/ankle were swollen and hurting like hell. I called Courtney and she came over to take a look see. She said nothing was broken - just a bone bruise right on the joint that was causing the discoloring and swelling. Sadly my upcoming dance party at D's wedding was going to be short lived.

I headed up to Baltimore to get checked into the hotel and get ready. I was sharing a room with Amanda and it was so much fun getting ready together and rockin' out. Amanda made sure my eye makeup looked perfect and away we went! We headed down to the lobby with beer for everyone so we could get our buzz started before the bus departed. Unfortunately...the bus left without us. Awesome. Six conference planners standing around drinking missed the bus. Mike ran after it and made it stop...we were a sight to see running (in the rain) and diving onto the bus. Ooops, our bad.


Once we got to Celebrations at the Bay everything was amazing! The ceremony was beautiful, the food was amazing and the view was breath taking. Dana looked gorgeous in her dress - Dave is one lucky guy!!!



Had so much fun hanging out with my UCG'ers. The mind erasers were kept to a reasonable number and there for I even remember the after party at the Hilton!!! =)

Congrats to Dana and Dave Rixter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: