Man oh man how fast the time has gone! It seems like just yesterday Danny surprised Courtney with breakfast in bed and asked her to marry him. I met Danny and Courtney a few years ago at the Dallas/Redskins game. It wasn't but 3 months later that Jen and I moved in down the street from then and we've been good friends ever since. On September 12th I had the honor of being a part of their wedding as an un-bridesmaid.




** Quick story - when Court sat me and Jen down to tell us that, unfortunately, she wasn't going to be able to ask us to be bridesmaids (because Danny didn't have enough friends) she wasn't expecting us to high-five each other and celebrate the good news. We were more than happy to be un-bridesmaids. We were more than happy to pick out or own dress, attend the shower free of planning duties and show up at the wedding with nothing more than our drinking shoes.
So before we knew it the BIG day was here. Chris, Jen and I headed up to Somerset, PA early Saturday morning to meet up with the Jer and the Jack who were already there. I knew the wedding reception was at the "Hayloft" and every single barn we passed on the way up I asked, "is that the barn the wedding is in?" There are a lot of barn in PA. The ceremony was a little different since the Rev. kept bringing up football and talking smack about the Cowboys. Hey! Stick to the program buddy. We were in Steelers country and there was no shutting them up. Ugh.
Before the ceremony started we were all sitting together in one pew and the following conversation took place with my mom:
Mom: "Why do they have to make him sooooo skinny?"
Me: (realizing she's talking about the Jesus above the alter) "I don't know, Mom. They didn't have any food."
Mom: "But he's so ghastly looking...."
Mom: "But he's so ghastly looking...."
OMG - can you imagine if my family went to church...that is how every single Sunday would go.

After the ceremony (a few hours after to be exact) we headed over to the famous Hayloft! It was beautiful! Courtney and her family/friends did an amazing job decorating and everything looked great. It was an actual barn complete with holes in the floor and walls. The DJ (Bubba Conner) was high above the dance floor in an actual loft. To request songs you had to leave your request in a bucket, on a string, hanging from his perch. Too funny. We got our dance on all night and I couldn't even begin to guess what time it was when we finally got kicked out. I got back and passed out (lame) while the others headed to the hotel bar. From what I hear that was a good time too.



No trip to Somerset, PA would be complete without breakfast at the Eat 'n Park breakfast buffet. Hands down the BEST way to nurse a hangover. They had cheese sauce as an option for goodness sake. Awesome. As we were getting there we saw Danny and Courtney (well, heard them) and it ended up being the the 7 of us for breakfast (the Jer, the Jack, Jen, Chris, Danny, Courtney and me). So fun!
It was an amazing wedding - Congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. (Dr.) =)
No comments:
Post a Comment