The weather was perfect - nothing but blue sky and sunshine the entire time. We had a huge tent to take down to the beach every day so I could lay in the shade and read just about all day long. I finished the second book in the Twlight series by Stephanie Meyer and got about half way through the third book. I love vacations when I actually get to relax. This was a perfect end to summer 2008.
We managed to keep ourselves entertained with beer pong, 7 11 doubles, card games, the Wii and of course Kevin and Josh jumping off the second floor balcony into the pool!
We managed to keep ourselves entertained with beer pong, 7 11 doubles, card games, the Wii and of course Kevin and Josh jumping off the second floor balcony into the pool!
On Wednesday the group decided to rent Jeeps and go 4-wheeling on the beach. We went bouncing (and I do mean bouncing) down the beach. We were even able to see some wild horses along the way. I could never imagine living out there where there are no real roads. Can you imagine??? As soon as the jeeps were returned safely I was on the road headed to Hampton, VA to visit the always fabulous Dwayla. We had a good visit and topped off with a trip to the cutest southern drive in...think Sonic but waaaaaaaaaaaay more country. After Hampton I headed up to Richmond to visit Krista. The timing worked out well and I got there just at dinner time. Krista picked up yummy pizza and we were able to get in some long over due girl time. After a quick walk around Richmond to burn off dinner I was back on the road. Destination: my bed. I always love coming home to my bed.
Thursday morning came way too fast and I was back at work. Sad day.


No comments:
Post a Comment