Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bless Your Heart...

Ahhhh....back from the Homeland. Had an AWESOME time visiting with friends and family down in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. They say laughing burns calories...well then let me tell you I lost 10 pounds hanging out with my family on Saturday night. There were about 30 of us gathered at my Aunt and Uncle's house and we had a blast...singing, dancing, telling stories and laughing our asses off! The "younger" cousins put on a show dancing and singing for the crowd. I about peed my pants when my 5 year old cousin did a complete dance to "Soulja Boy". OMG!

I came home with a farmers tan, a whole new Cowboys wardrobe, and lots of great pictures.

On the last day, thanks to a 5 hour flight delay, I went to 6th Street (an entire street of just bars and good times) in Austin and then to my Dad's favorite bar (The Cedar Door). It was exactly as I pictured it would be. The bar itself has moved 5 times over the last 30 something years. Yes, in Texas they just move the ENTIRE building. The bartender actually ended up being married to a girl my sister graduated high school with....small world.






No comments: