Since the last time I updated you a lot has happened:
Yolanda (the Honda) hit 100,000 miles. It was a proud moment driving home from a weekend trip to Austin. Yolanda is on her second engine and has served me well for so many years. That being said I'm totally buying a "big girl car" this year. I'm ready for tinted windows, heated seats and more power.
The Rx Worldwide Annual Golf Tournament resulted in a WIN for my team for best dressed. We picked an Olympic theme if you couldn't tell.
I have recently become obsessed with making this bread. It is seriously SO easy and so delicious. I make a loaf and use it for a weeks worth of sandwiches. Not the lowest calorie bread out there but I feel better knowing I made it and I control the ingredients. *Also amazing to add cheese, garlic and so many other yummy options.
I've also fallen in love with salad in a jar. I bought mason jars on Amazon for super cheap and when I'm motivated I make my salads on Sunday for the week. Let's be honest, I'm not motivated all that often but when I am they are fantastic. The lettuce (and toppings) stay fresh all week. I wouldn't go past 5 days of mason jar salad but days 1 - 4.5 are lovely.
Birthday! This year Amanda Palooza was on a Tuesday night during my regularly scheduled Volleyball Game. The girls and I went for drinks after and the whole night turned out to be just perfect. Great way to start the last year of my twenties (sniff sniff).
I also went home for a summer visit to see the family. While I was there I got to crash Britta's baby shower. Today little Stella has arrived and is oh-so-cute!
Also, that very same day, I got to spend some much needed quality time with Michele. Ignore our sweaty looks - we were without power for the entire visit.
2012 Dulles Divas Summer Convention was just Ashley and I this year but we had no problems getting caught up on our post-its. So good to see her!
More to come soon. Promise (for real) this time!


No comments:
Post a Comment