Oh where do I begin? It's been a loooooooooooooooooooong week. Tuesday morning I was driving to work as I normally do. I noticed my heat was taking a long time to kick in but didn't think much of it. Somewhere on 270 my emissions light came on. Ok, fine...whatever. My emissions light always comes on for something dumb like a loose gas cap. I figured I'd check that when I got to work. After I took my usual exit I pulled up to the blinking red light that I typically make a left turn at. My car had other plans for me. Yolanda the Honda shuddered to a stop, smoke/steam came out of my hood and all the lights on the dashboard started blinking. WHAT? The car was 100% stopped right where it was. I couldn't go forward, backward, sideways, up ways....nothing.
I put the car in park, put my flashers on and called my dad! There are a few things a girl can really count on in this world but if you play your cards right your dad will always be there for you. At 8:30am my dad jumped in his car and drove to Maryland to rescue me.
The one thing I learned standing on the shoulder of the exit ramp on 370 was that I have some of the best friends/co-workers a girl could as for. My fabulous friend Dana brought me coffee and let me sit in her car while I waited for the tow truck and many others pulled over and offered to help.
Eventually my car was taken to the nearest Honda dealership in Rockville, MD and I was back at work. Nothing in my world ever ends that easily. I will never forget the next phone call, the one where the nice man at Honda told me that my car was one step below needing an entire new engine. For a price tag of $4,000. WHAT??? My beautiful car needs how much work? That's crazy talk...it only has 43k miles.
The rest of Tuesday is an emotional blur. I don't care what anyone says, major car issues are upsetting. I'm fairly certain my Honda Service Manager thinks I'm crazy, and I'm even more certain that I used language that's not very lady-like.
Wait, the story gets better!! While my case is open with American Honda (as to who is at fault for my car crapping out at 43k miles) I had to have it towed back to Fairfax Honda where my car is normally serviced. AAA towed my car and dropped it off with "some guy" around 12pm. I called Fairfax Honda to confirm they had my car and they had no idea what I was talking about. Excuse me, where is my CAR? It took about an hour going back and forth between AAA and Honda to find my car. How exactly does one lose a car? Explain that to me. It's not like anyone can drive off with it...it's not drivable!
At the end of all this - I'm exhausted. I don't want to know anything else about head gaskets, coolant levels, engine blocks, or radiators. I just want my car fixed. Not to mention if one more person says, "see, this is why you need a boyfriend." I'm going to scream! See, this is why I need to HIT you.
I miss my car, fingers crossed it gets fixed soon. (hopefully for free!)
No comments:
Post a Comment