Tuesday, August 21, 2012

iphone livin' (part 1)

Short story:

When I was a senior in high school I was the Editor of the yearbook.  True Story.  BUT with that meant that I was slightly obsessed with taking pictures thus it was no surprise when my parents bought me a camera for my birthday.  It was a beautiful Cannon Rebel something or other that I still have.  I very clearly remember a conversation with my dad before the purchase of the camera.

Dad: "Are you suuuuuuuure you want this big, bulky, film camera and not one of those new little digital ones?"

Me: "Yes!  100% sure that's what I want.  That digital thing isn't going to catch on."

If you're wondering where my Cannon Rebel is I can tell you with certainty that it's in a box, in my storage unit and has been in that box since 2004 when I bought my Cannon Power Shot.  I have never looked back.

Oh, my story has a point!

Convenience is the ruler of the world and while I'd love to tell you I *always* have my camera on me (just like my mom) that just isn't the case.  A direct result of sometimes traveling with just the essentials means that I often find myself using my iphone to capture all the important moments in my life.

See, I DID have a point.

So here it is, pulled right from my phone and brought to you via my blog....

Race day with my favorite running partner!

This adorable little guy is yet another example of why my brides ALWAYS have the cutest kids.  Meet Brandon, son of Jacqueline and Todd.  He had the sweetest disposition and was very laid back.  

This is a face you should recognize if you know me at all.  This is my favorite nephew puppy, Dallas.  This particular morning he was convinced he was a lap dog.  

Ridiculously large scrabble board found at the Hyatt Lost Pines:
(Needless to say I came in last place)

 Just another day at work in Texas!  

These are the resident dogs at the Hyatt Lost Pines.  If I'd only knew you could borrow them for sleep overs I totally would have asked!
(Hans and Honey Bear)

Hans is 4 years old and such a gentle giant.

This is what happens when you leave me alone at a meeting...



No comments: