Friday, July 20, 2012

Aloha!

Well kids, I'm back.  Back from a month of travels that did not involve work.  I repeat, did not involve work.

Weird, right?

I can hardly believe it myself.  I took 7 actual work days off and including the 2 weekends found myself not in the office for almost 2 weeks.  Even if I stop and think about it I have no idea when is the last time I took a true vacation.  The no laptop, limited cell phone, lay on a beach (or by a pool) and read several books vacation.  The eat too much, drink too much, sleep as much as you want vacation.

It was all of that and so much more.

Day 1: Getting settled, walking around Waikiki and of course shopping and eating Mexican food. Doesn't everyone from Texas eat Mexican in Hawaii?


Day 2: Snorkeling in Hanauma Bay and driving along the east side of the island.  Also included some time in Kai Lua and our first stop at The Shack!  Ended the night with fireworks over the ocean.




Day 3: Poolside Cabana at the Marriott with ocean views and The Jac as my bartender!  Dinner at Dukes (pronounced Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes if you went to JMU).  Sunset over Waikiki and more shopping.



Day 4: The main event!  U.S.S. Arizona for the Pearl Harbor Memorial.  This memorial was outstanding.  A very somber experience but completely worth the visit.





Day 5:  We spent the day touring the Island and stopping for lunch at Hukilau Cafe (restaurant featured in 50 First Dates) and then checking into our second hotel of the trip.  This day might also be my favorite because I had my first legit sunset.  Oh my...it was amazing.





Day 6: Pool, drinking, eating and sleeping.  Dinner at The Shack where Grandma ordered (and I kid you not) a "Show me your panties."



Day 7: Repeat the process: pool, drinking, eating and sleeping.  Oh! And on this day add Shaved Ice at Matsumoto, dinner at Kua Aina Sandwich Shop and the Ha-Breath of Life show at the Polynesian Center.  Awesome day.




Day 8: This was our last night in Hawaii.  We had a BEAUTIFUL sunset dinner at Jameson's by the Sea (awesome awesome awesome scallops, by the way).



Day 9: We had to pack it up and head home on this day.  Aloha, Hawaii.  I will miss you.


1 comment:

repeat offender said...

Girllll you know it's pronounced "Duuuuuuukes"! Looks like you all have a fabulous tan. You look gorgeous, as always. I'm jealous of your tan!!