Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Commute

This is the quickest blog ever. But I just wanted to share my good news...my commute to work is now approximately 15 minutes! Ok, 20 with "traffic" but still significantly less than the 60 minutes AVERAGE commute I was facing before.

What's funny is I never really noticed the long commute. Sure, it sucked making plans in the evening never knowing whether I could really be there on time but on the whole I accepted that I chose that job in Maryland knowing full well what the commute would be. There were good days (30 minutes) and bad days (3 hours) but over all I knew it was a necessary evil. I took a job I loved in a state I didn't care to live in.

Now, however, I feel completely different. I've only had this commute for 1.5 days and I'm here to tell you I already feel like I got a huge chunk of my life back. Last night I was home by 5pm - without leaving the office early. I had worked out and had dinner by 7pm. WHAT? I still had hours left in my day and I was done with the grownup stuff. It was a shock to my system. I ran errands and got some cleaning/unpacking done topping off my day with some Gilmore Girls (don't judge we don't have TV yet).

If I could do all that in one weekday evening just think what I could do with a whole week!

My next goal is to move my workout routine back to the mornings. Now that I don't have to be out the door until 7:35am to get to work on time there really is no reason why I can't get up and get a run in before it gets hot (and trust me, it gets HOT here).

A 10 hour weekly commute down to 2.5 hours makes this girl HAPPY!

1 comment:

repeat offender said...

So jealous you got the Gilmore Girls series!