Months ago (and I do means MONTHS ago) I ordered Mike's Christmas present. I was so excited that it was November and I was already crossing people of the Christmas shopping list. I was so proud. This gift I found would be amazing, a show stopper something silly and inexpensive that I just knew he'd be excited about. I was already making space on my shelf for my Girl Friend of The Year Award I was sure to win with this present. So when the order went through and I got an email back that the set was on back order I was totally bummed. BUT it was only November. No big deal, right? My super genius early shopping was going to pay off. Back order all you want! It's only November!
November came and went and to my surprise on December 15th I got notice that the present was finally in stock and finally shipping. Hurray! Only 2 days after we exchanged gifts but I wasn't worried. Mike would come back from his Christmas vacation to one more gift, the best one of them all.
Or so I thought.
And hoped.
By January there was no gift in sight. I emailed the company and they assured me that the gift was on it's way but they could not investigate further until 15 full business days has passed. Those 15 days came and went...with no package in sight.
January 14 - after much back and forth with the company (and searching the bushes to be sure it wasn't there) the package was re-shipped!
.....days past just like deja vu and I began to wonder if it was hopeless. My girl friend of the year award was long gone.
Today would have been the 15th business day at which point I was fully prepared to throw my hands up in defeat and just have them issue me a refund. But last night, after a less than stellar day at the office, I arrived home to find the saddest looking package on the steps waiting for me. I'm not sure where this poor package had been "hell and back" according to my roommate but I was sure without even looking that Mike's Christmas present had FINALLY arrived.
SWEET BABY JESUS!
I've never been so happy to see a set of stamps....
Needless to say my facebook-loving-boyfriend is all too excited to start stamping things. He tried to stamp me but never said what stamp he'd use.... ;-)Merry Christmas 6 weeks late!!!
Order them far in advance if you like them too:
http://www.firebox.com/product/2885/Like-and-Dislike-Stamps?via=ser
No comments:
Post a Comment