I have to tell you that Friday night I was still skeptical about how much snow we’d actually get. I’d laid my race clothes out all ready to run the Reindeer Run the following morning (they couldn’t possibly cancel the race….) and was fully anticipating my regularly scheduled Saturday festivities (ugly sweater party and football). No such luck. It started snowing Friday night and didn’t stop for at least 24 hours and in that time we easily got 20”+ inches of snow. WHAT? I should probably mention that I HATE snow.
Luck was on my side for this snow storm….1) Roxana didn’t get called into storm duty so I had company 2) there was a 90210 marathon on the Soap Network and 3) I recently got a new cell phone and that was mooooooooooooore than enough to keep me busy. One thing that I did get to do as planned was watch the Cowboys game and dear sweet baby football Jesus they BEAT the now-defeated New Orleans Saints. I love it when they decide to show up for a game. Amen.
Sunday was no good. I was in full-blown battle mode against a vicious cold and I had to dig out my car. Ugh. It took two rounds and about 2 hours but I was finally able to dig my car out. I will say that in the process I discovered some really nice people that live in the complex. The guy parked next to me helped me with my car and he made for good company while we both dug away at our spots.
Monday was even worse than Sunday and I wasn’t about to take my cold to work. You’re welcome UCG’ers. I reluctantly stayed home, can you say “cabin fever?” I was practically bouncing off the walls when Roxana finally came home from work. That is until I remembered my chest congestion and had to sit down because I was winded. Oops.
Still sick today but fingers crossed I’m on the upswing.
Here are a few pictures of the snow…
View from my apartment


My car, pre-dig
No comments:
Post a Comment