Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The bitch had it coming.

This past weekend was the much anticipated wedding of Meredith and Bradford. They have been engaged for-ev-er (2 years) and despite the “horrendous wedding planning” (as some would say) everyone was super excited to help them celebrate their big day. It was a whirlwind weekend, mostly because I was operating on no sleep. We started out on Friday getting our Nails done at Herndon Nails and then lunch and bouquet making at Mere’s house. Then it was off to the hotel (thank GOD they cancelled the fire drill…) to get ready for the rehearsal in Georgetown and the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano’s. I had every reason to think I was going straight to the dinner following the rehearsal but instead me, Ryan, Mere, and Brad went to the Tombs a favorite college spot of the Bride and Groom. We limited ourselves to one pitcher of beer and then hopped back in a cab to head to dinner.

The rehearsal dinner was YUMMY and lots of fun. If you’ve ever been to Maggiano’s you know the greatness that is the family style dinner. So good. Brought back good memories of all of us (Meredith, Brad, Ryan, me and Kim) at Maggiano’s years ago. On this night I was limiting myself on the drinking having just come home from a week in Vegas but that didn’t stop Kim and I from ordering shots of SoCo. What DID stop Kim and I from our shots was the bartender and his pesky “no shots” rule. So instead we ordered Southern Comfort, chilled with a little lime juice, served neat in a rocks glass. You like that, right? Throughout dinner lots of family and friends stood up to toast the happy couple. The speeches were all very heartfelt and sincere. It doesn’t get any better than the brother of the groom telling Meredith that SHE’S lucky one. Dear crazy…

Saturday morning came WAY too early as we had to be at the hair salon by 9:30am. What? Who does that? I had an idea of what I wanted for my hair but when I ran it by my co-worker she told me not to request “Sarah Palin” hair. But let’s be honest…that’s what I wanted. I wanted hair that was half up and half down with a nice part and lots of volume. I was SO happy with the results. I love love LOVED my hair. The bride liked it too so double score. After hair we all headed back to the “bridal suite” to hang out, dance, laugh and have a good time. And we did just that. It was really nice to get to spend that downtime with just us girls. At this point in the day Meredith gave us our bridesmaids gifts. I’m not exactly sure what the others girls got but I got the book: Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomanical, Self-Centered, Smartass, or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office. This being the inspiration for the title of my blog…click here and scroll down to read the description of the book. Well alrighty then.


Loved my hair!

I feel like as soon as we were all done getting pretty the rest of the day went at WARP speed. Before I knew it I was in a limo on my way to the ceremony. We took a few pictures beforehand on the gorgeous Georgetown Campus. I wish I had had my camera with me but sadly…I did not. But I’m sure the photographer got some good shots. I mean really…this was a HIGHLY attractive bridal party he was working with, how could he not? The ceremony was amazing, just the right length of time and the bridal party got to sit (amen!). I wasn’t in a single picture after the ceremony so Kim and I were able to sit back and relax.


From there we all headed to Washington Golf and Country Club for the reception. Never fear…I had my camera for this part! It was an awesome reception filled with lots of dancing (and about 10 gin and tonics). Similar to Kristen and Stu’s wedding I found the one guy that actually knew how to dance and he spun me around (and I do me SPUN me around) the dance floor. At one point I felt like I was on a roller coaster (remember all the gin and tonic?). Is that why my legs AND abs were so sore for 2 days? That must be it! Totally worth it and so much fun!!!!!!!!!



After the reception we headed back to the hotel for a quick costume change and then it was off to Union Jacks for more drinking and dancing. All in all a super fun night that I have no doubt Meredith and Brad will remember forever. Best wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs. Rossi!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair!!!