Friday, August 22, 2014

Home, Sweet Home

I'm home!

No, I mean it.  I'm home.

I got the keys to my new apartment last Friday but it wasn't until Saturday night, driving home from a Rangers game, that I really felt like I was heading home.  The Dallas skyline, big and bright, was right in front of me!  For the first time (in my life) I was headed INTO the city to go home and not out of the city to the 'burbs.  It was a pretty crazy realization, I was headed home.



For the last three years if someone asked me where I lived I said "Dallas."  Then, depending on their reaction I would clarify…"Irving." AND THEN if they knew the area I'd go further to say "Valley Ranch" the well-to-do neighborhood in Irving.  But now, without question, I live in DALLAS TEXAS!  It's my actual address and I'm so excited.

I have bars within walking distance, restaurants within a stones throw and so many new things to explore.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  The "Year of Amanda" has finally begun.

Bring.it.on.

Some before pictures….







1 comment:

repeat offender said...

Wa hoo!!! I love it :)