Monday, March 24, 2014

Workin' IT!

I've been workin' it a lot lately.  First, I enrolled in BYO-Fitness and started going to bootcamp 3x's a week.  It's been the best thing I've ever done for my fitness.  Normally I wouldn't drive out of my way Monday, Wednesday and Thursday after a long day of work just to workout but let me tell you...when you find a routine that works for you, you STICK WITH IT.  It so nice to be with a group of women (and one guy) that are in the same boat that you are.  No one is there to judge or compete.  We are all just trying to be our best and together we have so much fun three nights a week.

Monday - "Iron Yoga" which is yoga poses with light weights.  It's a great way to ease into the week while still getting your butt kicked.

Wednesday - Tends to be stations or a trail run.  This is the day that's never the same.

Thursday - Big Weight Day.  Teach brings bar bells and we go all out to build our muscles and challenge our bodies.



As it happens I still travel for my job so when I'm NOT home in Dallas I have to find a way to work it on the road.  Recently I was in Lima, Peru and was happily surprised to find the Westin Lima had an AWESOME gym.  I got my booty in that studio and did a version of bootcamp from memory.




I've also started making a daily smoothie.  I use a version of a recipe Michele suggested:

1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup Coconut Water
1/2 - 1 cup of Frozen Fruit (I use frozen berries and fresh pineapple)
3-4 Ice Cubes
1 tsp Chai Seeds
1 tsp Green Super Food Powder 

**If you're using the magic bullet I recommend the order above for best results.  Also, the pineapple is KEY to mask the taste of the Green Super Food Powder.


Lastly, I got new KICKS!  I heart them. 


1 comment:

repeat offender said...

You go, girl. That smoothie looks delish!!