Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bedroom Project

Ok, ok, ok, OK!

I have been talking about re-doing my bedroom since I moved to Texas.  I've lived here for 2.5 years and I've FINALLY started that process.  It's not that I didn't *want* to get started before now but if you've ever met my mother (yes, always blame it on the mother!) you'd understand why I am genetically incapable of selecting a single piece of furniture in under two years.  With the exception of Baby Jones (we didn't have 2 years to decide) I can assure you my mother never, ever, picks out a piece of furniture on the first round of shopping.  When Brody came on the scene my mom had to hustle to pick out a rocker for her house BEFORE he was born.  Don't mess with her, either, she'll go right behind your back and steal furniture that you ordered too.  But that's another blog for another day...

The back story is I've never actually had what you might call a "bedroom set."  Don't get me wrong, I didn't go without but I also didn't go to college and eventually my first post-college home toting a bedroom set around with me.  In my room I have a dresser (hand-me-down and needing to be changed out), a bed (no headboard), a chair (that matches my sister's couch...another blog for another day) and some shelving for books.  None of this is a matching set and while that's never really bothered me I did want to move up in life and have what I call "a big girl room."  I had NO style previously and it was all just kind of thrown in the space.

Last night I started the process of changing that and giving myself a big girl room.  Let's be honest...I love love love sleeping so why wouldn't I make this a space I absolutely love and want to be in?

After months, and months and a few more months of looking at options I finally found a headboard that  I LOVED.  I'd initially thought I needed to buy the whole bed frame (headboard and footboard) but I fell in love with this headboard I found on Etsy.  Once the headboard was in production I searched for a new duvet and fell in love with this one from CB2.  Last, but not least, I asked Amber to hook me up with gorgeous flint grey sheets from Peacock Alley.

Here are a few pictures from the whole new bed experience:

Dustin helped with most of the installation.  But I'm impressed it didnt' take long at all.

Made in the USA!

The finished product.  I LOVE it!

No comments: