You've been warned.
It's a running joke in my office about how my annual bonus should be rolled over into "hazard" pay. Without fail I'm injured, attacked, bit or stung on every trip I go on. This luck is not limited to business trips, it can happen on personal vacations too.
Exhibit A:
These bites/stings appeared the day before I left China. I'm not 100% sure what attacked me but my guess was mosquitos. These bites probably would have healed themselves if I hadn't then flown 24 hours across the glob with compression stockings on that hit right on the bites. When I got to the US my coworkers were convinced I was going to lose my leg.
Spider bites in Rio de Janeiro. I know for sure that's what these were. I saw the little jerk right after he enjoyed happy hour on my leg. He didn't live to tell about it and for a moment I didn't think I would either. For two nights I had to draw in pen around the bite to make sure it wasn't spreading. Each day I had to visit the hotel clinic to have medicine applied. I know travel with cortisone wherever I go.
Exhibit C:
Bee sting in California. Ok, now this one was totally and completely my fault. I found out that my hotel (the Fairmont Newport Beach) raised their own bees and used their own honey in their food. I simply HAD to see for myself. Even though the Chef was allergic to bees he agreed to take me up. I literally had one foot inside the building about to complete the entire mission sting-free when one got me. My foot was SO swollen the next day I couldn't even wear shoes. Took a round of steroids to get the swelling down.
Exhibit D:
Amanda vs. the Metro Turnstile. The turnstile won and I'd rather not talk about it...



No comments:
Post a Comment