My first stop in the round the world tour took me to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It wasn't exactly a the easiest flight I've ever taken. My travels took me through Miami, FL on my way to Rio. I boarded the plane, I got comfy, I feel asleep and the next thing I know I'm being shaken away and told to put my seat in it's locked and upright position so we can land. Now, I'm good sleeper but that sure didn't feel like 10 hours to me. Turns out we had a "maintenance light on" and needed to divert back to Miami. The pilot assured us this was "no big deal." Ok for me "no big deal" does NOT include at least a dozen fire trucks lining the runway ready in case we caught fire when the FLAPS that stop the plane decided not to work. Apparently flaps on a plane are pretty important. So we had a hard/fast stop and blew out all our brakes in the process.
Sadly, I did not get to use the emergency slides...again. Seriously disappointed.
I get to Brazil, I get to my room, I pull back the curtains and THIS is what I see.
Goodness gracious, that's incredible.
All emergency landing procedures are completely forgotten at this point.
The rest of the week was pretty standard - work, sleep, eat, repeat.
Drinking Coconut Water - Fresh!
It might be the ghetto but they have a great view
Sugar Loaf Mountain
Me and Christin(e)
The whole team - we rocked it!
Sunrise
Sunset
A brief moment to relax before my flight...
True story - my mom stalks me online. I was NEXT to the water, not in it ;-)



1 comment:
wow - beautiful pics! the jac is so cute, btdubs.
Post a Comment