Monday, October 4, 2010

My very first Gun Show!

After being gone on business for what felt like for-ev-er I told Mike we could do whatever he wanted on Sunday. Oh man - the timing was just so perfect that there happened to be a GUN SHOW in town. Hot damn! Off we went.....

When I got up that morning (knowing I was going to the gun show) I thought hmmmm....what goes better with "gun show" then a purple shirt with ruffles? Winner! I'll fit right in! Needless to say I wasn't as pleased when the VCDL put a bright orange sticker on my shirt. I asked if it came in a cuter color but the woman just looked at me funny. Come on, I'm wearing and OUTFIT ;-)

Not 5 minutes after we started up and down the aisles of guns and gun paraphernalia did Mike find a gun that matched my shirt EXACTLY! It was super-duper cute, it was cheaper than a Coach bag and it went with my outfit (and we all know how important that is!) but relax, Mom, I didn't buy it. Possibly, maybe, I'll think about owning my own gun one day in the distant future but for now I think I'm good.


I did have one item that I needed to get at the gun show...safety glasses. Mike has ear protection for me but we always find ourselves renting me safety glasses when we are on range (all two times that I've been). We walked up and down the aisles and were able to find; guns, holsters, knives, ammo, flashlights, t-shirts and accessories but NO safety glasses. What happened to "safety first," guys? Slightly disappointed that I couldn't find pink safety glass at the gun show. Oh well...still a fun day!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

FUN! Hope you'll come visit and follow me too :)
Shauna from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/