That's weird.
This past weekend (note, I actually wrote this blog a while ago but only just now posted) Jen and Chris tied the knot and they could not have asked for a better weekend to do so. The weather was AMAZING and all family and friends had a great time celebrating with them.
Friday started off with the usual bridal pampering. Jen and I ran a few quick errands, checked into the hotel and then headed to the nail salon for some mani/pedi action. Ok, well wait, first we stopped at our favorite watering hole, Jimmy's Old Town Tavern, for a quick round of shots before the weekend really got crazy. Jimmy proposed marriage to Jen - he offered her free beer and wings for the rest of her life. It was a VERY tempting offer but she ended up declining ;-)
Herndon Nails was ALL decked out for bridal fun. They had decorations, wine and we had the whole place to ourselves. It was even more special that Annie and Laura could just us in our day of pampering.
Friday it was off to the "rehearsal" dinner that required absolutely no rehearsing unless we were practicing how we'd drink the next night. The dinner was held at my mom's work - Frying Pan Farm Park in Herndon and it really was a perfect space for what we needed. Overall I think everyone had a great time. Towards the end of the evening Jen and Chris handed out bridal party gifts and it's safe to say we were all very impressed. Jen got the girls hand-made hot pink silk clutches. The inside of the bag was the same color and type of silk as her wedding dress. We also got bling bling earrings to wear for the wedding. Good work, Jen!
Saturday came WAY too early. But we hit the ground running with our 10:00am hair appointment at Maude in Herndon. I have to tell you this was my first time at Maude and I was very impressed. The girls were friendly and super helpful (re: poured the champagne for me). I love love loved my hair, I thought my girl did a great job!
Pictures were hot hot hot but it was well worth the beautiful weather. Jen and Chris have paid their weather dues and were rewarded with the AMAZING day. Before we knew it we were strutting down the aisle ("Charlotte, would you say I'm strutting right now?"). Fifteen minutes later we were parading right back down the aisle (can I get an AMEN for the short ceremony!?).
The reception was an awesome good time. Drinks were flowing, dancing shoes were getting tested and everyone was having a great time.
Of course, the next morning our family could be found at Clyde's having a post-event bloody mary. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment