Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CREEP-tastic.

Ugh, talk about inappropriate...

So there's this guy at work. He's annoying, creepy and down right obnoxious. He works in sales so it's his personality to be friendly/outgoing but honestly, he creeps me out and when I see him I literally turn and RUN in the other direction. If you need a mental picture think greasy used car salesman.

Luckily our paths only have to cross every now and again. For the most part any interaction that he needs to have with me can be done via email. That doesn't stop him from calling but let the record show I always - ALWAYS - send that call straight to voicemail followed by a lovely email responding to whatever he needs. Keep it professional, right?

On Tuesday Creepy crossed the line. Creepy stopped by to see me. When he stopped by he proceeded to "perch" on my desk and ask me if I'm single. Excuse me? Are you kidding me? Without skipping a beat he continues to tell me that his church is having a party - 400 to 500 single church goers and he was wondering if I was interested. Are you laughing yet? First of all...he doesn't know me well enough to know if I'm single or not and second of all...he thinks I want to go to a church party? Creepy goes on to tell me that he'd looooooooooooooove to introduce me to his friends. Vomit. At this point it's all I can do to keep my breakfast down. I smile politely (what else could I do?) take the invite and toss it in the trash as soon as he turns around.

Ew. Thank goodness I keep Clorox wipes at my desk. If he ever, EVER, sits on my desk again I might beat the crap out of him. True Story.

1 comment:

PJ said...

I'm kinna glad we don't work together anymore, else I'd be wondering if I'm the un-named creep....