Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Things I learned in January...

1. Machines break. True story. When my Honda service manager called me and told me he had bad news he led with "Amanda, machines break." Apparently he was right. I have a brand new engine with a whole new fancy warranty from Honda. Hopefully that machine is done breaking for now.

2. The temperature gauge in my car is actually important! S-M-R-T I am really smart. After my traumatizing breakdown I asked my dad "was this my fault?" He of course said NO (I was pretty upset at the time). He went on to suggest that next time my temp. gauge reaches the big H that I pull over. Who knew to keep an eye on that gauge? I check gas and speed and sometimes neither one of those. Since getting my car back I can't take my eyes off the temperature gauge. Dear crazy....

3. BSoD = PITA. Let me explain...Blue screen of death = pain in the ass. In December my boss made me "upgrade" to a newer, fancier, faster laptop that recently became available. Neat. This newer, fancier, faster laptop HATES me. Remember machines break? I have BSoD'd no fewer then 12 times in the last two weeks. The UCG IT department has some great job security if this keeps up. I have an open ticket with them and their number on speed dial. Awesome.

4. I have the BEST friends a girl could ask for. I was without transportation for 19 days. I live in VA and work 30 miles away in MD. Throw in an ice storm and crazy inauguration traffic and asking for a ride became a tall order. My friends were there to help me in anyway they could. From rides to the dealership, rental car place, work, the store or just to listen to me vent my friends were there for me.

5. Working out really can be addicting. I'll say it...I got spoiled having an elliptical and other gym equipment in my house. I haven't needed a gym membership in two years thanks in part to my sister. But of course I wait until the last month we live together to get into a good routine. Now that I'm addicted to working out and find that I'm actually enjoying it my sister is moving out in a week. Timing is everything. I became a January statistic and joined a gym since I couldn't find a new roommate with an elliptical ;)

That's all I got....January was a stressful month but I can't believe it's already long gone!

No comments: