"You get a day, not a week" does not apply to me...ever. My 25th birthday celebration went well into the weekend. Friday morning I drove up to Bethany Beach in DE for a birthday beach weekend with Meredith and Ryan. Mere's sister Sam and her friend Emily were able to join us as well. I ended up on the wrong side of the Bay Bridge...I went in the EZ pass line that puts you on the side with oncoming traffic. Yikes! Hate that bridge. Survived the bridge and only hit a little traffic in DE. PS - when you are in an accident...best to move out of the *my* way. Thanks.
I think we were all stocked up on beer, drinking, and playing GH3 by 4:30pm. Awesome - 90 minutes into the trip and we were well on our way. The rest of Friday night was very chill thanks to the thunderstorms that rolled through. GH3, beer and pizza...life just doesn't get any better then that. I was an occasional gh3 competitor but let's be honest Mere and Ryan could "crush" me no problem. Whatever, I'm cute.
Saturday my wake up call was the construction at the house next store. No fun. Eventually we got our act together and headed towards the beach. Now for those of you that know me you know that I'm not really a "beach" person. Not a fan of sand. BUT I do love warm weather and good company so there you have it. I had my chair, umbrella and book allllllll ready to go. The beach was SUPER crowded and crowded with kids no less. Fine, whatever. After a few hours we headed to the bar for "mangoritas" at Mangos. Then it was back to the house for my favorite hour of the day...NAP time. Saturday night was dinner at a random steak house and then an attempt at the Dewey Beach night scene. Parking was a PITA and the line was wrapped around the building at Starboard. We scrapped that idea and headed back to Mango's to cheer on the USA Swim events. The bar went CRAZY when Michael Phelps and co. swam their relay. It was really awesome.
Sunday was a super lazy day (is there anything better?). Brunch at some Frog restaurant that was very similar is style and taste to my favorite Virginia Kitchen. More gh3 and more drinking until dinner time. We headed over to 5 Guys for dinner and my friend Jen and her family met us there. Thank goodness Jen got there before we did - she was able to snag a table for 10 in the midst of a very crowded dinner rush. We were all so full from dinner we went back to the house to watch movies and chill out. Monday morning came way to soon and I was really bummed to leave the beach. Can't wait to get up there again soon!
SHOTS!

Mere and Ryan

Me and Meredith - aren't we cute?
No comments:
Post a Comment