
This Sunday was race #6 for me this year. Me, Kristen and Shelley ran the Firecracker 5k in Reston. This was my second time running this course - they used the same course as the Great Pumpkin 5k that I ran last year. Even though this was a repeat course for me I still somehow managed to forget that the third mile was almost completely uphill. Jerks.
We had a great race as it was thankfully not blazing hot that early in the morning. Cheering us on were Kristen's parents, Norma and John along with Ben and Taylor. SO fun! After the race we had plenty of time to cool down, stretch and relax before our reservations for brunch at Clydes. Woohoo! Kristen and I have decided to make bloody mary's our new post race standard. The $4 bloody mary's at Clydes did not disappoint!
Race #7 is TBD at this point but no doubt the fall will be a busy running season for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment