Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Holy NO blogging, Batman!

Sorry it's been so long since I've had anything to say. Scratch that. Sorry it's been so long since my last post, I always have plenty of things to say.

April was a pretty crazy month for me. Lots of projects at work and traveling for work. Aren't your 20's supposed to be filled with fun social events and not so much darn work?!?! Hmmm....I'll put that on my "to do" list to follow up on, after work.

First I went to Texas to see my family and work a conference. I was super excited because it had been almost a year since I'd set foot in the homeland. Good times to be had by all. Got to hang out at my Aunt and Uncle's house and drink many margaritas.


After being home for a hot minute I was off again to Nashville, TN for a work trip. Had WAY too much fun in Nashville. Hung out at Tootsie's and enjoyed lots of live country music. Don't get it twisted, 6th Street in Austin is still where my heart is but lower Broadway in Nashville was a good time.

I got home just in time for.....drum roll please....

Friday Night Live! I am in total denial that the 2009 season of FNL! kicked off. Didn't we just have the volunteer party a few weeks ago? For anyone that doesn't know about FNL! here is my quick plug...

Friday Night Live! is a free concert series every Friday on the town green in Herndon. It is put on by the Chamber of Commerce and run almost entirely by volunteers (yours truly). All the money collected from tips go to support the Herndon Optimist and local schools, including the Herndon High School All Night Grad Party. The bands are great, the beer is cold, and the people are awesome.

I've been volunteering since at least 2004 but I can't remember for sure if I helped in '03. I started out as a Marshall (now Event Staff), graduated to Beer Pouring, moved up to Beer Sales, and now I help with the finances. I'm not a big fan of the beer sales job since my hands are too small to hold the money and grab a cup at the same time. Not the first time my hand size has been a problem. True Story.

So...for the next 14 weeks if it's Friday and you are looking for me, odds are I'm at FNL! Come by and say hello!


No comments: