Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Halloween Weekend Fun

(I'm back)

I'm not even sure if I can accurately recount all of the stories from Halloween weekend but here goes nothing....

Friday I headed up to NY for a little girls night Halloween fun. I drove straight to Mere's house (and by Mere's house I mean The Rossi house). There, we got all dolled up in our costumes, Mere was a Greek Goddess and I was a Fairy. We met up with Mere's friend Juls and from there we headed down to Hoboken, NJ to do a little pre-gaming with Juls friend Sandy. Friends of friends of friends....you get the idea.

From Hoboken it was off to NYC for some party at some bar that we were on an evite for. As a professional planner I was shockingly clueless as to what the details were...I was just along for the ride. The bar was very frat-tastic and reminded me of my days at Radford - only a nicer basement and more expensive drinks. There were some absolutely hysterical costumes and almost a month later I'm not sure I can begin to list them off so just take my word for it.

We leave the party that we are at and BEG a cab driver to take us back to Hoboken to which he reluctantly agrees to do. Both tunnels (names?) were jammed and we were stuck in grid lock traffic at maybe 1am? I remember someone waking me up and telling me to get out of the cab...we were at some train station (the path maybe?) and that was a whole other adventure. Said train took us like 2 hours to get back to Hoboken on. Standing, in heels, for some crazy long time crammed into a train with DRUNK halloween partiers. I remember one of the girls kept saying...this is what Hell is like. Dear crazy...

Back in Hoboken we were looking for two things 1) another cab back to the apartment and 2) PIZZA. I hadn't had anything but a blueberry muffin to eat all day. Hence the passing out in a cab. We never did find the pizza but thanks to Mere we found a cab (risking life and limb from the angry line of people we cut in front of). We eventually made it back to where I could officially pass out. A night with stories is always a good night.

Saturday was much more mellow. Meredith and I did Diner breakfast followed by a much needed viewing of Sex and the City and ending with a long nap. Brad came home from playing Army and Ryan was done with work so we all went to a yummy dinner. My idea of a perfect Saturday.



Juls and Mere




Hotness.

No comments: